Before the heat starts this season in Green Cove Springs, Florida, now is a great time to enroll in a preventive maintenance agreement for your air conditioning unit.
An AC preventive maintenance agreement, or PMA, covers regularly scheduled maintenance for your air conditioning unit. Twice a year, a technician will inspect and service your AC to maximize efficiency and longevity of the unit. The services provided depend on the age and type of unit in your home.
How does preventive maintenance help?
We expect wear and tear for any air conditioner. Regular preventive maintenance can prevent costly breakdowns and keep your system running smoothly, benefitting your wallet and home. Here are a few ways preventive maintenance can help you save in the long run.
- Improved efficiency – Clean, properly maintained AC units run more efficiently, resulting in lower utility bills.
- Longer equipment life – Regular maintenance extends the life of your unit and prevents costly breakdowns.
- Peace of mind – Our team will keep track of what services your unit needs and how often, so you don’t have to.
- Priority service – Customers enrolled in a PMA get preferred service for maintenance and emergency visits.
- Familiarity – Qualified service technicians become well-acquainted with your equipment.
What’s included in preventive maintenance?
Our residential preventive maintenance agreements are available in three packages, so you can choose the best coverage for your unit.
With all three of our packages, a certified HVAC technician will provide the following services:
- Check amperage on compressor and fan motor
- Measure refrigerant levels
- Install air filter
- Clean condenser
- Test heating and cooling functions
For newer air conditioning units still covered under a manufacturer’s warranty, the basic package might be the best fit. Our technicians will ensure these new units are functioning correctly and properly maintained for long-lasting efficiency.
For older residential AC units, or homes with multiple units, our richer packages might be a better fit. These packages offer additional coil cleaning and provide refrigerant for your system, services often needed in older air conditioning units.
Which preventive maintenance package is right for you?
Our experienced team at DDI Southeast can help you determine which preventive maintenance plan is right for your AC unit. Contact us to learn more about our AC maintenance options to fit every unit and budget.