If you’re a business owner or property manager in Green Cove Springs, Florida, air conditioning is a necessity for your business. Whether you are welcoming patients, shoppers, employees, or diners, maintaining a cool, comfortable environment for guests should be a top priority.
Commercial heating, ventilation, and hair conditioning (HVAC) systems are larger, more powerful, and more varied than residential units, as they typically service larger areas with varied building designs. How you choose and maintain your commercial AC system will depend on the type of building you’re cooling and the size of the space.
What are the common types of commercial HVACs?
There are six main types of commercial HVAC systems on the market, each with different layouts and capacities.
- A single-split HVAC system uses one compressor, an evaporator coil, a furnace, and a refrigerant to heat and cool individual rooms. Single-split systems heat and cool individual rooms, making them ideal for small shops, individual offices, or server rooms.
- A multi-split system operates similarly to a single-split, except that multiple indoor units hook up to a single outdoor unit. These are a better choice for large commercial spaces.
- Variable air volume (VAV) systems create constant, comfortable temperatures by varying airflow, allowing buildings to heat and cool different areas separately. VAVs are ideal for multi-room spaces, such as a building with multiple small offices.
- Variable refrigerant flow (VRF) systems move refrigerants to specific areas within a building to heat or cool the air. Known for being highly effective and energy-efficient, VRFs are suitable for medium to large commercial spaces such as hotels, retail spaces, or large office buildings.
- Constant air volumes (CAVs) provide constant airflow and regulate the building’s climate by adjusting the air supply temperature. CAVs work best in spaces with large open areas and few windows, such as an exhibition hall.
- A heat pump system can provide heating and cooling by removing heat from the air and moving it inside or outside, depending on whether a building needs to be heated or cooled. Heat pumps work best in mild climates, as they lose efficiency when the temperature drops below 40 degrees.
What types of commercial HVAC systems do we service?
The DDI team expertly installs and services all the above types of commercial HVAC systems. Our HVAC technicians know that with commercial AC units, one size does not fit all. We can help you determine which HVAC solution is best for your commercial space to optimize energy and cost-efficiency.
How do I maintain my commercial HVAC system?
Performing regular preventive maintenance is the best way to ensure a properly functioning and long-lasting commercial HVAC system. While regular wear and tear cannot be avoided, preventive maintenance can catch small issues and safeguard your unit against costly breakdowns. Our current commercial clients experience 90% fewer issues when utilizing preventive maintenance.
Not only does regular HVAC maintenance keep your system running smoothly, but it also provides peace of mind to busy business owners. With a DDI preventive maintenance agreement (PMA), our technicians keep track of all required maintenance for your unit, so business owners have one less thing to worry about.
What does commercial preventive maintenance include?
Our commercial PMAs are similar to our residential PMAs but tailored to the needs of a larger system. The DDI team will customize a maintenance strategy for your specific unit to maximize efficiency and longevity.
Twice a year, a certified HVAC technician will perform the following basic checks, in addition to any system-specific services needed by your unit.
- Clean condenser and coils
- Change air filter
- Measure refrigerant levels
- Test heating and cooling functions
- Check electrical components, such as compressors and motors
What types of businesses do we serve?
DDI Southeast has the capacity and ability to service businesses both small and large in Green Cove Springs, Florida, and the surrounding areas. Our experienced team can install, maintain, and repair commercial HVACs in the following spaces and beyond.
- Office buildings, including medical and dental
- Retail spaces
- Rental properties
Call DDI Southeast for your commercial HVAC system!
The professional team members at DDI are experts in commercial AC repair and installation. Contact us today to chat about your commercial HVAC needs, and how we can help!